Recycling your Yoga Mat
Not exclusively will you dispose of an old PVC mat, yet the new yoga mat you buy from them is biodegradable and a lot more secure for the climate. Another alternative is Manduka.com's Live On mat reusing program. The organization gathers old mats and guarantees new mats it sells will be reused when exhausted.
How to Recycle Yoga Mat?
- Slice your yoga mat up to make non-slip furniture cushions.
- Set the mat in your trunk to hold things back from sliding around
- Bring the mat when you go set up camp to put under your hiking bed
- Utilize the mat in your mudroom or entrance to ensure your floor
- Trim the mat to utilize it as a placemat for your pet's food and water bowl
- Contact reusing offices in your space to check whether they take yoga mats
- Take your mat to the reusing office and pay a little expense to reuse it.
Is your yoga mat bad for the environment?
The majority of yoga mats are made with polyvinyl chloride, also known as PVC, which, although is a good choice because of its non-stick qualities, is a bad choice for the environment. This is in part due to the toxic chemicals that also make up the mat, including phthalates, lead, and cadmium.